Unite needs new Organisers
Unite has vacancies for a permanent full and/or part-time Organisers in the Auckland and Otago-Southalnd regions.
The successful applicant(s) will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Fast Food sector, although they may also be involved in other sectors that Unite represents from time to time.
We are looking for people with:
- A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
- An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
- Negotiation skills are an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Good computer and social media skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- A current full driver’s licence (or significant progress towards a full licence).
For more information:
- click here for details of the vacancies in Auckland
- click here for details of the vacancy in Otago-Southland
Applications close 5pm on Friday 26th October 2018