- You have the right to union representation with any work problem. Try to resolve any matter first. Follow any reasonable request from your union representative.
- When you leave your employer let us know. You can remain a member or become a supporter
- Members wishing to resign need to do so in writing. Union benefits are only for union members and will cease immediately if you resign from Unite.
- Fees are set by members and paid by deduction by your employer or by automatic bank payment.
- To keep fees down email, texts and online information are our main forms of communication. Information is also distributed at worksites.
- Your email and personal information will be used for union authorised purposes only.
- It is illegal for an employer to approach you to leave Unite. Let us know if that happens.
- Whatever the rules are, our guiding principle is that we deal with each other in good faith.
If you join Unite with a specific employment issue that arose prior to your membership acceptance, Unite is not obliged to assist you with that specific issue or may request payment for services in addition to weekly fees.