- About us
- Join Unite
- Your employer
- Burger King
- Call Centres
- Language Schools
- Maori TV
- Pizza Hut
- Restaurant Brands Call Centre
- SkyCity Hotels & Casinos
- Know Your Rights
- Health and Safety
- 2010-11 Christmas & New Year holidays
- Delegate's Charter
- Having a baby? Parental Leave
- New law for shifties
- Redundancy rebates for workers
- Starting a new job
- Working for Families
- Create content
all KFC news
Fri 21 Oct 11
A new union agreement was reached with McDonalds which members accepted at ratification meetings held throughout late August and early September. Highlights of the agreement include:
• Two-year deal, backdated to April 1, 2011, meaning only 18 months before new bargaining. Retention of previous wage relativities above minimum wage for all graded positions, set increase for supervisors, and minimum of 2% for supervisors in second year of deal.
• New targeted scheduled hours protocol which will limit wide fluctuations of employees work hours by ensuring staff who average at least 25 hours will not be reduced by more than 25%.
• Increased delegate’s rights.
Fri 25 Mar 11
Unite members are speaking out about the constant problems being forced on them in regard to their rosters and hours of work in Restaurant Brands Limited’s KFC and Pizza Hut outlets.
Fri 25 Mar 11
All RBL waged union members will be getting a 3% increase from 1st April 2011. This rise was negotiated by Unite when the collective was settled last year.
The rise was negotiated to be 3% or the increase in the minimum wage - which ever was higher. The increase in the minimum wage will only be 2% (from $12.75 to $13.00) but the base rate for RBL workers will be $13.13 per hour.
Salaried staff annual reviews should be taking place in March and Unite will be consulting with managers about the salary protocol and discussing it with RBL.
Tue 1 Mar 11
Unite has asked all employers of our members in Christchurch to inform us about their plans for workers in the aftermath of the Christchurch Earthquake.
This is an email from RBL for all RBL staff :
Date: Friday 25th February 2011
To: All Employees in Christchurch Region
CC: Payroll, Area Managers, Regional Operations Managers, HSE Manager, Unite Union
From: Human Resources / KFC, Pizza Hut & Starbucks Operations
Fri 4 Dec 09
Restaurant Brands Limited Salaried Managers Bargaining team met with RBL management last month to discuss claims for a union agreement. Both the union and company presented their claims and agreed to meet again to discuss further on 9th December. Overall the negotiations were positive and Unite is optimistic about the process so far.
If you would like to know more then please contact Tom at email@example.com or 029-445-5703.
Wed 5 Aug 09
KFC are carrying out refurbishments to a number of their sites across the country. The Blenheim staff were notified earlier in the year that the store would be closed for five weeks. The staff were left unsure about important issues such as payment during the closure and even if their jobs would still be there on re-opening day.
Unite responded to members calls of concern and a petition demanding to know job security, the dates of the closure and payment for the forced leave was organised. Whilst the petition was being circulated, KFC issued a letter stating there will be no changes to anyone’s employment status and that the dates will become known to staff as soon as they are confirmed by management.
Wed 5 Aug 09
Restaurant Brands Ltd (KFC, Pizza Hut, Starbucks) has recently announced a new confidential information phone line and website so that the company can obtain information from employees about misconduct in the workplace. Below are a few things members need to know about the Report It Now website and the 0800 ALERT phone line:
- Unite was not in any way involved in establishing Report It Now/0800 ALERT with RBLNZ or any other firm. Unite has no relationship with Report It Now/0800 ALERT.
- A danger with such anonymous reporting methods is that people could potentially try to use the system to settle personal problems with other employees.
Tue 30 Jun 09
Unite recently got a Pizza Hut worker $100 back after they had been pressured to reimburse for a till that was short. Unite members are advised not to offer to personally reimburse for till shortfalls. Get in touch with the union if you come under pressure to make up the difference yourself.
Mon 18 May 09
Peace to you comrades.
And also all our loyal members would like to give our utmost gratitude for your support.
We have effectively unionised 80% of our store and morale is at an all time high.
At first this was hard going for me and what small membership we had.
So we devised a plan targeted at none members to show how strong we can be if we stick together.
The members and I held a meeting so we could talk about all our concerns and bring them to managements attention.
- Management demanding a med cert if someone is sick one day.
- Management invading privacy (Ringing up homes talking to family seeing if someone is sick).