Benefits of membership
When you join you receive a membership card.
This will entitle you to the following benefits.
- Negotiation and enforcement of your wages and conditions
- Representation with problems and for legal cases
- Paid union seminars
- Free life skill courses
For all Unite members:
- Discount vouchers worth hundreds of dollars
- Membership card which you can present for further dining activity and accommodation discounts across New Zealand
- Free $1500 for accidental death.
- Spouse and children are covered for $500 each.
- Members can increase it to $10,000 for just $2; then $5 a year.
- Access to affordable community based power supply
- Free GP visits in Auckland
- Additional benefits
Members at Restaurant Brands, Millenium Hotels, Accor Hotels and Hoyts have additional benefits because their employer contributes on their behalf:
- Christmas vouchers or hampers
- Free tickets to Rainbows End or double movie passes
- Additional $5,000 death cover
- Additional $2,000 death cover for spouse and children
We will be negotiating to bring as many employers as we can into the benefits program over the next year.
Find out more
For more info and to register to receive these benefits if you are a Unite Union member go to www.uba.org.nz